Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A queer & beautiful night..............


Only two or three rays of light can be seen. One of them goes out too. Its very dark & quiet inside, no other sound then the hum of the engine. Most of them are asleep I guess? Or maybe not. Well, who cares anyway!

If you try to feel it then you can understand that we are running at 100 Km/hr. I look outside....nothing comes to my sight except for a blur and coal black night. Once in a while you can see one or two lights far away...some barn of a countryside farmhouse. I try to concentrate on the bangla novel in my hand but feel it waste of energy to read in the little light. So I join the others and turn off the light. I look outside as I listen to the songs from one of the latest gadgets that is taking over the world>>iPod! I feel bored. I just lay my head back and enjoy the peaceful silence and serenity.

Then suddenly out of no where peeks out the beauty of the night....the whitish mysterious natural satellite of our beloved planet earth. Ya it is the moon, or you may call it Luna. I look up to it and try to remember all things I have heard about it....the myths. The fairy tales our grandma used to tell about it. The tasteless info's we read about it in our elementary school, everything. They just flow through my head in a flash, but I actually don't even bother to look at them. I was enjoying the present environment more. I keep on staring at the silent infinite beauty of Luna. I don't think I ever spent this much time thinking and watching the moon. Maybe it was the current situation of me not doing anything rather then just sitting there in a relaxed mood.
I sit there and feel my heart beating slowly and steadily, every core of my being was filled with some kinda satisfaction or peace. It couldn't get any better then that. I was in the middle of nowhere, moving at 100 Km/hr with nothing to do, no stress, no thoughts about daily life, no work, nothing at all.

This is when it hits you. When you are all relaxed and enjoying yourself, from no where this unreasonable, unconditional, unsatisfied thought of only one stupid thing pops up in your head. What is it? Oh its that pain in the butt next door. It is called the desire of the heart. I kick it out of my head and look up at the dark sky and the glimmering stars and just say one thing......you should have been here, why did he have to take you away?

Life is too cruel. Thats it, just a moment of old pains buried in the graveyard trying to take advantage of a weak moment. I smack it out of my head and go back to the lovely night. These are moments to cherish....they come once in a while, you can grab it or you can ruin it by holding on to pain and suffer. I chose the first one.

It wasn't long. That one hour just flew away like a flash as the interstate bus came back on the local highway. I loved that one hour journey in the north end highway where there are no lights. As the bus reached its destination ending the 3 hour journey, I came back to the shitty busy city life.


Moral: Some moments are precious, doesn't matter how small it is. Cherish it while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment